- As a hybrid from two small breeds, the Yochon varies from 5 to 10 pounds in size.
- The Yochon is ideally supposed to take on the best genetic qualities from both the Yorkshire Terrier and the Bichon Frise. These traits include their small stature, different color coats, being hypoallergenic and having friendly personalities.
- The Yorkshire Terrier originated in Yorkshire, England. It is known for being a small, hypoallergenic dog who is a great companion that has a silky, blue-and-tan coat. They are very upright in their stature and personable.
- The Bichon Frise is a small breed of dog from France that has a white, double-layer coat of curly hair, and is known for being hypoallergenic. They have a sturdier stature than the Yorkie. They are also known for having friendly personalities.
- Yochons also known as Yo-Chons and Bichon Yorkies.
- Unlike other hybrid breeds, it does not matter which breed, the Yorkie or the Bichon Frise, is the mother or the father. For size sake, most breeders use a Yorkshire Terrier stud and a Bichon Frise bitch. Because the Bichon is a little larger, it makes for easier births.