To get such traffic to your website is not very difficult. But what is more difficult is to have a higher targeted traffic as well as have such traffic convert to sales – for a product or service you are selling online.
Following are 10 tips that you should take into to account to ensure that you get higher, targeted organic traffic that converts into sales.
- When doing keyword SEO, make sure you include keywords that attract people that want to buy a product. For example make use of the keyword ‘buy printer cartridge' rather than simply ‘printer cartridge'
- Don't SEO only for the search engine; make sure you site is also optimized for people. It is of no use if your content is not readable or attractive. Find a middle line.
- Look at your stats or analystics. Make use of programs such as Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Central to do so. Find out where organic traffic is coming from and boost this.
- Regularly add new content so that your search engine rankings stay ‘fresh' and that people visit your site on and on.
- Submit your site to not only search engines but to also RSS directors via RSS. This is very useful for blogs.
- Make use of Ping services. This inform search engines and aggregators of new content added to your site.
- Make use of social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Get links from them.
- Add articles to article directories and get them to link back to your website
- Guest blog on influential blogs as long as links and a short description on you and your work are added to the blog.
- Target customers via email marketing through opt-in methods.